Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
E12
regtime
2013-5-10
Post time 2015-4-9 11:52:54 |Show all posts |
680.jpg

Official firmware version 2.50 for the X5 is now available!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piaa7l1x9flrpg1/X5%20FW2.50.zip?dl=0

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware version 2.5 compared to FW2.4:

1. Support for exFAT-formatted microSD cards;
2. Fixed issue where changing tracks through Favorites easily caused hangups;
3. Fixed issue where the sleep timer does not remember its last setting;
4. Fixed issue where certain tracks from certain CUE files could not be played or displayed;
5. Fixed issue where if different tracks are tagged with the same artist, with the same spelling but different capitalization, the tracks where the tagged artist name is non-capitalized could not be displayed;
6. Numerous other bug fixes.

How to upgrade the X5, pls click here:
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39948&extra=page%3D3

The latest DAC driver (compatible with all DAC-capable X players) may be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eqthpf3qt3187c/X3%202nd%20gen%20USB%20DAC%20Driver%28compatible%20with%20X3%26X5%29v1.61.zip?dl=0

Info on creating M3U playlists on the computer using them on the X5 may be found here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761295/how-to-create-m3u-playlists-for-use-on-the-x1-x3-and-x5-from-your-computer

Looking forward to everyone's feedback!

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-4-1
Post time 2015-4-10 10:50:26 |Show all posts |
Brand new X5 working flawlessly until today .

Followed all instructions to a "T" on v2.4 to v2.5 upgrade.   

The new 2.5 firmware loaded on card 1 and installed perfectly.  

Updated media library as instructed afterwards.

All my songs are still on both cards.  Playlists fully in tact.  GREAT.

But my "heart" Favorites  =  EMPTY  =  NONE  =  GONE.   

What is up with that???  I had 300 favs picked out of out of 3000 songs.  

Gotta pick them all over again???

Typical to lose favorites when upgrading firmware????

THANKS.   GREAT PRODUCT SO FAR OTHERWISE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
N/A
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2015-2-26
Post time 2015-4-13 03:35:26 |Show all posts |
The new changes in FW 2.5 are negligible, hardly useful at all.

Even more, the library update takes over twice as long as it did in FW 2.4.  Now instead of 34 minutes, it takes an hour and twenty.  

Aside from that, the worst things about the X5 interface still remain -- unbearably slow scroll wheel, counter-intuitive interface, definitive articles (The, An, etc) being alphabetized (The Sonics appear under "T", rather than "S").

Any plans on addressing these issues in the next update?

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-5-1
Post time 2015-5-7 03:58:41 |Show all posts |
Have to agree with eyon1984 here. We still see an emphasis on FILES...instead of TAGS for organizing menus and such. Properly-tagged multi-disc albums have their tracks intermixed, rather than showing the tracks for disc one and then the tracks for disc 2, etc. System is still pre-deciding on genre tags for the user, and the way the genre menu is implemented makes it completely useless. Compilation albums (You know, the ones with the COMPILATION tag set) are not presented properly in the interface either.

It is pretty clear that we have a bunch of hardware guys conceptualizing the user experience for the product, and that not one of them actually uses the product with a LARGE collection of music. It is a shame that such a world-class piece of hardware has such a badly-hampered end-user experience.

Use magic Report

Website Editor

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
E12
regtime
2013-5-10
Post time 2015-5-12 09:38:01 |Show all posts |
dchoran replied at 2015-4-10 10:50
Brand new X5 working flawlessly until today .

Followed all instructions to a "T" on v2.4 to v2.5  ...

Sorry for this inconvenience!
Because there is a software structure upgrade from FW2.4 to FW2.5, the data information about "Favorites" has to be deleted. Hope you can understand!

Use magic Report

Website Editor

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1
AMPs
E12
regtime
2013-5-10
Post time 2015-5-12 11:45:38 |Show all posts |
eyon1984 replied at 2015-4-13 03:35
The new changes in FW 2.5 are negligible, hardly useful at all.

Even more, the library update takes ...

When running FW2.5, pls take out the micro SD card(TF card), then update the media library without the TF card. After done, pls insert the TF card into the X5, and update the library again. This operation may help solve the problem of taking much time to update lib? Looking forward to your test result.

The scroll wheel of your X5 is hard to turn? It means the cursor in the screen can't be correctly respond to the direction of the scroll wheel? If possicle, pls provide more details.

We may not add the function which your last suggestion described - definitive articles (The, An, etc) being alphabetized (The Sonics appear under "T", rather than "S").

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E12
regtime
2015-5-24
Post time 2015-5-24 10:20:10 |Show all posts |
It is great that you corrected the "freeze" bug when playing playlist.
However, I still have a bug. Sometimes when I play a playlist, the playlist stops playing.
It gets stuck on a song showing "unkown title - unknown artist" and I have to press the next button to start playing again. It is especially bad when the X5 is in my backpack and I have to open it just to press next every 10 minutes.

It is possible that some of my mp3 are bugged but it is hard to identify in a playlist of over 1000 songs. It would be great that if the X5 cannot play a song, it writes it in a log file on the SD card and goes automatically to the next song.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
N/A
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2015-2-26
Post time 2015-6-10 10:56:15 |Show all posts |
FiiO-Shadow replied at 2015-5-12 11:45
When running FW2.5, pls take out the micro SD card(TF card), then update the media library without ...

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this.  I had pretty much given up on and forgotten my X5 earlier this year until recently, when I thought I'd check and see if there's a new firmware update.

When running FW2.5, pls take out the micro SD card(TF card), then update the media library without the TF card. After done, pls insert the TF card into the X5, and update the library again. This operation may help solve the problem of taking much time to update lib? Looking forward to your test result.

I tried this workflow, and it seems to have 'worked' in the sense that instead of taking an hour and twenty minutes to update the library, it takes about 21 minutes.  Which is certainly better, but far from a satisfactory UI experience.

The scroll wheel of your X5 is hard to turn? It means the cursor in the screen can't be correctly respond to the direction of the scroll wheel? If possicle, pls provide more details.

I've outlined the various problems with the X5 in a previous thread:

http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod ... &extra=page%3D5

Chief among my list of issues is the scroll wheel speed; it takes three and a half minutes of constant scrolling clockwise at maximum speed to reach from the first artist entry to the last.  This is simply intolerable.  It bears repeating: fixing the scroll speed should be the number one priority for FiiO’s software developers.

We may not add the function which your last suggestion described - definitive articles (The, An, etc) being alphabetized (The Sonics appear under "T", rather than "S").

Sorry to put a fine point on it, but you're really telling us that there's no code that can be written to fix this organizational problem?  At $300 each, you think users would expect a bit more from the X5's developers.

Sorry guys, but I've had it with this product.  I've invested way too much time, money and effort in trying to make the X5 work.  I'm going back to my iPod classic until it finally gives up the ghost; hopefully the firmware for the X5 will be further along by then.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-5-11
Post time 2015-8-14 00:48:33 |Show all posts |
If I buy the X5 can I start the FW updates with 2.5? Will this include all previous updates?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-19 21:15 , Processed in 0.025325 second(s), 24 queries .