F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
E18
regtime
2015-9-29
Post time 2015-9-29 03:13:10 |Show all posts |
I'm using a Fiio E18 together with my HTC One M8 smartphone (with Android 5.0.1 on it) via usb OTG to drive my headphones or hifi equipment on coaxial out. Everytime I play some music files (mostly in FLAC on SD-card) there are glitches in the sound, very short interruptions in the sound or stuttering.  

I can playback music directly from my smartphone (via 3,5mm audio jack) without any of these problems.
I tried a couple of music player apps: stock app, google music, double twist, ... but always with the same problem.

Using the E18 with my pc via usb works perfect though.

Is this a known problem? And even more important: how can this annoying problem be solved?

By the way: my smartphone has been restored to factory settings only a week or 2 ago...

Use magic Report

Senator

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X7 + AM2
AMPs
E12A Mont Blanc
DACs
E17K Alpen 2
Head Gears
FLC 8S
regtime
2015-7-27
Post time 2015-9-29 06:09:36 |Show all posts |
What's your SD Card type?

I feel like it's your SD speed or something, try a different phone, with the same SD

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-9-29 17:48:04 |Show all posts |
Hi, Wla, i think the New Android system results in this compatible issue. Sorry that it is hard to solve it now. You could try this 3rd party music player to test. https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8 ... =%21ANxHETxOnVs-JRc

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3II, X5, Note 4, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPod Touch 3rd gen
AMPs
Alpen E17, Alpen E17K
DACs
X3II, X5
Head Gears
Senn PX360, Momentum Wireless, Momentum 1.0, Senn HD700, Marshall Monitors, Bose AE2W (BT), Xioami Piston 2.1 (2)
regtime
2015-2-3
Post time 2015-9-30 14:47:52 |Show all posts |
Edited by samandhi at 2015-9-30 15:41
Yellow replied at 2015-9-29 17:48
Hi, Wla, i think the New Android system results in this compatible issue. Sorry that it is hard to s ...

Wouldn't he actually want the player, and not the recorder version? It can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... udioplayerpro&hl=en  Or you can also try HibyMusic player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en  Using my E17 works great right out of my Note 4, but I need HibyMusic player or USB Audio Player Pro for my E17K to make it sound right. If I do not use one of those apps, the sound is slowed down terribly.

Two things you can check here:
                     1. Some cables work, and some don't. Check your cable for compatibility. I ran into this issue myself and simply switched out cables until I got a match, but if you do a Google search for it, there is a pretty good explanation of what you need. You will need to make sure you are using a Micro-A type plug. The difference betweeen this and Micro-b type plug is that pin 4 (ID) is grounded on type A, whereas it is not on type B. This will mean the difference between working properly or not. Here is a good drawing showing you the 2 different types (where it is applicable for USB DAC connection):

USBCableDifference.PNG

2. Make sure, when connecting to the E18, that you have the switch in "Phone" mode.

Also, try turning off "Boomsound", as I have read bad things about it, and clipping for this phone in particular.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-9-18 06:45 , Processed in 0.023805 second(s), 25 queries .