Audio Sources
Fiio X3ii
AMPs
Fiio E11
regtime
2015-7-24
Post time 2015-11-21 06:59:44 |Show all posts |
Edited by varunaravind at 2015-11-21 07:25

I understand that fiio x7 is costlier and includes all the features it has because of its price tag but we are not asking much from the fiio x3ii either! just some basic functions.

(*) SEARCH FUNCTION why is it taking so long to get a simple tag based search function integrated into the OS? what if we have only a faint memory of a song's details/tags (i have faced such situations innumerable times where in i remeber only one word from the song's title not knowing any of its other details) but want to find it on the dap?

(*) ALPHABETICAL SCROLL/ACCELERATION the scroll wheel is downright bad! it's tiring trying to find a song scrolling through 1000s of files with its scroll wheel. i hate it! there is no acceleration! there is no alphabetical scrolling!

(*) LOAD TIME (CATEGORIES) the categories load slow! very very slow! mood killer! please speed it up!

not once have i used "categories" to play a song. i am a person who primarily use categories to browse files but with this dap it is just not possible. the scroll wheel is useless and the load time is pathetic. i painstakingly organized my entire music collection alphabetically just so that i can get to a song on this dap. this is ridiculous for a product that costs 200 USD.

It's sad. really sad! you will definitely lose me as a customer if these are not rectified as early as possible.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-11-21 14:54:14 |Show all posts |
Hi, varunaravind, i understand you. Yes, there are many faults in x3ii.
1. To the search function, we will try to make it in the future firmware. We have made it successfully in our x5ii and releaed that firmware.
2. if the search function is realized, the alphabetical scroll issue will be solved.

3. May i know how many songs you have and what the brand of your sd card? It is suggested to format the sd card in x3ii to make it fat32 format. X3ii is well compatible with fat32 format.

Use magic Report

Prime Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X3II, X5, Note 4, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPod Touch 3rd gen
AMPs
Alpen E17, Alpen E17K
DACs
X3II, X5
Head Gears
Senn PX360, Momentum Wireless, Momentum 1.0, Senn HD700, Marshall Monitors, Bose AE2W (BT), Xioami Piston 2.1 (2)
regtime
2015-2-3
Post time 2015-11-21 16:50:13 |Show all posts |
  All of this! I have been requesting fixes for these things for a while now. Don't hold your breath on  Yellow's answer of "we will try and make this for future FW" (it might or might not happen). I have been waiting since the beginning of the X5 gen 1, and now I find out they will no longer update it at all. To stop all development on a device before it is fixed speaks volumes about the company. Ever heard "actions speak louder than words"?

I did not buy 2 (X5 and X3II) DAPS just to find out later that Fiio is treating them as disposable (like so many phone companies nowadays). These DAPS ARE great on paper, and the hardware is some of the best I have seen, but I cannot abide by the issues that plague them on the software. Yellow says that the issues cannot be fixed because of hardware limitations, but I do not believe that for a second.

I guess what makes me mad the most is that I am the sucker here. FiiO didn't actually come out and say they would fix ANYTHING. They simply said "we will try and fix that at a future FW update". So, while they didn't say they would fix it, they have led all of us to believe that these issues would be fixed in the future. Frankly, I am sick of being brushed off!

FiiO, I'm very sorry to say, but you have definately lost a customer in me! This decision does NOT come lightly, because I love my DAPS. I am just not waiting anymore. You have had plenty enough time to fix these issues. You either aren't going to or can't!

I refuse to believe that you at FiiO haven't seen these things as being a problem from day 1. Do you not listen to music at all? Or do you just set it to random and play all? I find it hard to believe that you have not had issues with ANY sort of music management (since it is basically non existent without a search function, or faster scrolling management, or better categorization).

Signed,
Slowly brewing anger

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3ii
AMPs
Fiio E11
regtime
2015-7-24
Post time 2015-11-22 00:03:59 |Show all posts |
Yellow replied at 2015-11-21 14:54
Hi, varunaravind, i understand you. Yes, there are many faults in x3ii.
1. To the search function,  ...

3. ~8000 songs - sandisk ultra (class 10) - already on fat32

when will you release the fw update for this player? approximately?

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2015-11-23 16:08:20 |Show all posts |
Edited by Yellow at 2015-11-23 16:15
varunaravind replied at 2015-11-22 00:03
3. ~8000 songs - sandisk ultra (class 10) - already on fat32

when will you release the fw update  ...

Not sure for the time. We need time to test it after making. As x5ii beta version firmware has the search function, i think x3ii won't let us wait for so much time. Pls wait for it patiently. Frankly, there is much limit in our software desgin capacity. FiiO will record customers' need and evaluate whether we can realize. A product couldn't satisfy all customers.  Many customers responsed to us the search function, so we tried and made it in our x5ii. FiiO are trying our ability to improve the software design capacity. We understand that customers need a DAP which UI and software are great and its sound is excellent. This is also our target.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2015-5-5
Post time 2015-12-6 04:23:25 |Show all posts |
Yes. I have been dissapointed as well.  The hardware is nice, but there's some important features missing.

I have had a lot of people ask me about the player, and I have to recommend they wait, and not buy it until it has all the features they need.

I see things like "Final firmware for X3 1st gen" and it makes me wonder if it will ever get replaygain (which should be quite easy to implement) before they decide to kick it to the curb.

Maybe we'll at least see the search added soon?

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3ii
AMPs
Fiio E11
regtime
2015-7-24
Post time 2015-12-18 00:59:35 |Show all posts |
Edited by varunaravind at 2015-12-18 01:02

It has been almost a month since i started this thread. I am still waiting.

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio X3ii
AMPs
Fiio E11
regtime
2015-7-24
Post time 2015-12-18 01:15:40 |Show all posts |
I have decided that i will wait a month more for the updated firmware and if i still don't get any, i'll ditch this and get a pioneer xdp100r or an onkyo dp-x1.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Post time 2015-12-18 15:38:23 |Show all posts |
varunaravind replied at 2015-12-18 00:59
It has been almost a month since i started this thread. I am still waiting.

We must be sure that the search function in x5ii won't make any new issue. We are waiting the response of this function from the market. If there is not issue, we would make it for the x3ii. Sorry for this long time.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-13 02:08 , Processed in 0.023729 second(s), 22 queries .