FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 3356|Reply: 3

WOW 3.0.2FW for X7 is bad, ESPECIALLY PLAYLIST-WISE!

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
ALAC
AMPs
X7
regtime
2016-2-18
Post time 2016-10-25 05:21:15 |Show all posts |
Edited by scfalks at 2016-10-25 06:04

Long story short, I saw the new firmware update(s) for my X7 from 2.0 to 3(.0.2) and updated to them.  I knew it would delete all the local data (music & playlists), and I was prepared to deal with that.  I transferred back all the music I had stored on the internal drive.  Then, I was prepared to start rebuilding my playlists, except I came to find out that I can't!  The playlist system in this new version IS COMPLETELY USELESS!!!  As everyone knows and a lot of people have commented on (myself included), the playlist support for the Fiio music app is practically nonexistent, but still there in a SEVERLY limited fashion.  You have to build the playlists in the player itself and pretty much have to add to each playlist song by song to put it in the order you want because you can't edit the playlist!  At least some of my playlists/mixes I had set up in their own folders and edited the ID tags album name, track #, etc.; just like a compilation album.  So in that regard, all I had to do was select that entire album and add it to that respective playlist and it would be added to the playlist in the same order (by track #) that it is in the album.  Now, however, when I try to do the same thing it puts all the songs in ALPHABETICAL order instead of TRACK # order like it should be!  Not only that, but when I try to add song by song in the order I want the playlist to be in...IT DOES THE SAME THING!  And I could not see ANYWAY to change this.  All it does is put it in ascending or descending alphabetical order.

So, yeah, I will be downgrading (or rather UPGRADING) my player back to the 2.0 firmware because with the 3.0.2 the player is completely unusable to me.  I realize this is BETA software, so it's not really meant for prime time use, so yeah, it REALLY needs improvements!

Fiio people, if you're reading this...GET WITH IT!  PLEASE ADD BETTER PLAYLIST CONTROL!!!  Add the ability to edit playlists!  Add the ability to add .M3U or some other playlist files!  This is BASIC functionality that many other music players out there already have!  Why not Fiio?!

PS- The center Home button doesn't work in Pure Music mode either.  In 2.0 and previous it would take you back to the main music screen.  Now it doesn't do anything.  You have to use the back button to back out of everything.  

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-10-26 20:01:12 |Show all posts |
Hi, do you mean the external M3U playlist or the internal playlist you want to built? You could add a song to your playlist as the picture. X7 playlist。.jpg

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
ALAC
AMPs
X7
regtime
2016-2-18
Post time 2016-10-27 23:56:11 |Show all posts |
Do .M3U files actually work?  I looked here on the forums, but there was no real answer or instructions I could find to get them to work.

Anyway, yes I'm talking about the internal playlist.  I didn't use that particular screen in your picture (I didn't actually have any of the songs playing).  I just navigated to the song or album, used that (...) button (like the one you're pointing at in the picture), then the pencil icon to select what I wanted to add to the playlist and pressed that music note/+ icon and selected the playlist to add to.  Or I would slide the album or song to the right which brings up that music note/+ icon as well and add it like that.  

But like I said, in 3.0.2, I make the playlist any which way and it won't keep it in the order I put it in.  It puts it in alphabetical order ONLY.

Use magic Report

Technical Support

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5
AMPs
E18
regtime
2014-11-18

Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Master of Publictity Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2016-10-28 17:26:09 |Show all posts |
scfalks replied at 2016-10-27 23:56
Do .M3U files actually work?  I looked here on the forums, but there was no real answer or instructi ...

Yes, x7 supports M3U playlist. http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod ... &highlight=playlist
Yes, the order in x7 depends on the filename's alphabet. We would add the custom order function in the future firmware. So you may make the order you want.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-11-17 17:27 , Processed in 0.022307 second(s), 25 queries .