X1 II
AMPs
X1 II
regtime
2017-5-1
Post time 2017-5-7 01:43:16 |Show all posts |
Edited by ianc at 2017-5-8 08:39

Hi there Fiio people,

I've just had my X1 II for a couple weeks now and have been using it almost exclusively in my car, where it is performing very well. A really nice little device, and thus far I like it very much. It shipped with v1.56 firmware, but I have since updated it to v1.60, and I'll like to make a few suggestions\requests for your developers to consider, so please pass them on if you're able.

1) This is the most important! A scroll wheel! What an excellent idea! Except... it doesn't work. V1.60 is better than v1.56 in this regard, but it is still so sensitive as to be extremely frustrating and basically unusable for navigation, so I'm forced to fall back on the lower two buttons to navigate up and down the menus and lists. This is workable to a point, but it's quite slow and clunky. Many people have commented on this. Please fix it by making the sensitivity user-adjustable in the settings, perhaps with settings from 1-10. This is commonly done in video games, for example, for controller sensitivity. I'm not a coder, but I don't think this should be particularly difficult to implement, and the wheel will never work properly for most users until they can adjust the sensitivity to their liking. Your marketing material suggests you've spent considerable time and resources in the development of the wheel. Please add this feature to fully realize its potential!

2) Many users have also commented on file transfer speed to the device. My initial thought was that the speed will never be great due to USB limitations, but the X1 II is slower than it should be. I can transfer files to my old Sansa Clip+ at 3-4 MB\s, where the X1 never gets above 2 MB\s, and sometimes bogs down to 0 for 10 sec at a time on the same cable. There should be no reason for it. Please work to improve this!

3) One small annoying thing: when using the device in the car, you must change the USB setting back and forth from 'Storage' to 'In Vehicle Mode' to copy files. This can be a little frustrating (see point 1), so it would be very nice if you could have the 'USB Charging' setting remembered for 'In Vehicle Mode', so that I don't have to flip both settings every time. Minor point, but a 'nice to have'.

4) Another minor point, but as has been commented on before, the startup splash screen is just silly: 'Bor for Music and happy' or some such nonsense? If you want to use an English phrase, at least make sure it makes sense, otherwise it just makes your product look half-baked and unprofessional. My advice would be to remove it altogether and replace with the Fiio logo.

The X1 II has the makings of a great player, but could be even better. Hope you'll consider these suggestions in your next firmware release (particularly #1!). Thanks,

ianc

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X1 II
AMPs
X1 II
regtime
2017-5-1
Post time 2017-5-9 13:03:52 |Show all posts |
Edited by ianc at 2017-5-9 13:07

No comments yet? RE: Point 2 above:

Here's a comparison of file transfer speeds in Windows (using same cable & USB port) of the X1 II vs. my old Clip+:

X1 II Transfer.jpg

Clip+ Transfer Speed

Clip+ Transfer Speed

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2019-8-24 01:56 , Processed in 0.022570 second(s), 24 queries .